DIY Photography Daily Life Art Music Outfits Image Map

Friday, July 12, 2013

DIY Cut Out Shirt

I saw this DIY on http://be-bold-be-beautiful.blogspot.com/ and I thought that it would be a fun thing to do! I have this old button up shirt (as seen below) that I never wear and I thought that I would try this DIY out!



Step 1: Draw a line from the button seam (or whatever it's called) to the sleeve seam.

 Step 2: Draw a rectangle from the collar seam to the line that you just drew (you can draw this design however you want, I'm just showing you how I did it)

 Step 3: Cut the extra parts out! Mine is pretty messy but I'm planning on cleaning it up sometime soon.

 Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3 on the other side.

 Step 5: Draw your design on the back of the shirt. I lined mine in blue so it would be easier to see because the pencil wasn't very visible.


** This is just another view of step 5 **













Step 6: Cut out the extra fabric

The end result! It looks much better in person.. trust me!


No comments:

Post a Comment