DIY Photography Daily Life Art Music Outfits Image Map

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DIY: Sharpie Mug

So for my Grandma's birthday I decided to customize a plain white mug for her tea/ coffee. It's really simple, cute, and doesn't take too long! 

Materials:
- Plain white mug (I got mine from Target)
- A pencil
- A sharpie
- An oven that is available


Step 1: Draw whatever you want on your mug in pencil first so you have an outline. **Careful! The pencil rubs off quite easily**

Step 2: Trace over your design with sharpie (the sharpie acts like a dry-erase marker so it can rub off, so watch out!)

Step 3 (Optional): Since I drew letters I wanted to give it a little something extra so I sharpied in the 3D effect.


Step 4: To make the mug a little more decorative, creative, and unique I drew some little patterns on the handle and towards the bottom of the mug. I also drew on the inside of the mug 2013 so that my Grandma would remember when I gave her this gift! I also wrote my name on the bottom of the mug.


Step 5: Last but not least put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. When the times up you can take out your mug and the sharpie will be baked onto the cup!

P.S ~ It would probably be best to hand wash the mug instead of put it through the dishwasher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment