DIY Photography Daily Life Art Music Outfits Image Map

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Collage Glue

When I was younger I was in this art class and one day we made collage bookmarks and I love mine! I still use it all the time because its so pretty! For my dad's birthday I decided that I wanted to make him a collage! I have wanted to make another collage for a long time but I couldn't remember what type of glue was used to keep the paper down and that would dry clear/ not cover up the photos. 

Some people could think I'm really stupid like "why didn't you just use watered down glue? Duh." and the answer why is because I just wasn't sure and if I was going to make a collage I wanted it to look nice the first time instead of using up all that time for nothing. So for all the people who are unsure (like me), here is a clarification, which is watered down glue.

1) Take your glue and pour it out onto a plate

2) Add water to it and start mixing it, adding more and more water until its "liquidy" instead of sticky


3) Apply to your collage with a paintbrush as demonstrated

4) Let it be so it can dry! It can look a little wet and bubbly but when it dries there are no traces of the bubbles!


Here is my masterpiece! I am very excited to give it to my dad!






No comments:

Post a Comment